New England Fuel Institute (NEFI) is a nationally recognized organization of over 1,100 independent Oilheat, propane, biofuel and motor fuel dealers and associated companies. NEFI is a prominent voice for the industry before regional and federal policy makers, media and the public. There are many aspects to our diversified activity base in support of the fuel distribution market, and we offer several channels and events for communications and resource promotion, including:
The Legislative & Regulatory Action Center is NEFI's online portal for the fuel dealer to government resources, public policy and legislative advocacy, and regulatory compliance. This is your gateway to the government decision makers, laws, rules and regulations that affect your business! While the Action Center is a benefit and service of membership with NEFI, it relies almost entirely on contributions from fuel distributors and interested parties to sustain its vital activities. Compliance with federal regulatory requirements can be difficult and expensive. The New England Fuel Institute's regulatory advocacy saves the money, time and energy of its members. Here are just a few examples how NEFI has reduced regulatory burdens and costs for its members:
- Hazmat Registration Fee: Savings For NEFI-Members: $2,325 per year.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Classification: Savings For NEFI-Members: $1,000's of dollars saved in federal regulatory compliance costs and access to low interest SBA loans.
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC): Savings For NEFI-Members: $75,000 or more in containment structure costs.
- Osha Safety Requirements: Savings For NEFI-Members: $2,000 or more.
- Regulatory Compliance Information: Savings For NEFI-Members: $1,000's in reduced compliance costs and penalty for non-compliance.
New England Fuel Institute (NEFI) sponsors the Energy Expo, the VISIONS Conference, an annual meeting and a wide range of seminars on vital business topics during the year. Each event carries the opportunity for participating sponsorship, distribution of company literature and promotions on behalf of your company or organization. These sponsorships provide tremendous reach within the core Oilheat and liquid fuels marketplaces.
OIL&ENERGY Magazine is the publication of New England Fuel Institute, reaching thousands of key executives and decision makers each month.
NEON is NEFI's acclaimed weekly industry e-newsletter.
NEFI At Work For You:NEFI works to secure and maintain a stable and profitable operating environment on behalf of the independent heating oil dealer. The Legal Action Fund protects the business pursuits and welfare of the industry. The Fund assists NEFI's mission of meeting the challenges posed by legislative, regulatory and competitive forces.
NEFI's representation of the Oilheat industry in Washington is complemented by the efforts of the Petroleum Marketers Association of America (PMAA). NEFI contributes in excess of $50,000 annually to PMAA on behalf of NEFI member firms in Mass., R.I., N.H., and Vt., who gain free membership to PMAA as a result of this relationship. NEFI has a low annual member fee for both regular and associate membership.
Among the issues we work on:
- Extensive participation in and standing with the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA)
- Diesel fuel dyeing regulations
- Collection point for fuel excise taxes
- Oil import fees and tariffs
- Taxation and how it impacts Oilheat
- Fuel efficiency standards
- Driver regulations
- Drug and alcohol testing regulations
- Fuel Assistance (LIHEAP)
- Underground and aboveground storage
- Global warming; EPA regulations
NEFI Membership... and its benefits.A nationally recognized organization of nearly 1,100 independent Oilheat, propane, biofuel and motor vehicle fuel dealers and associated companies.
- A prominent voice for the industry before regional and federal policy makers, the media and the public.
- Considering all of the challenges and opportunities facing companies like yours, there has never been a better time to join NEFI.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to serving you!