< Back to Member Benefits
Steps to Register your company with Clearinghouse:
What is the FMCSA Clearinghouse:
A secure, online database that will give employers and other authorized users real-time information about commercial driver’s license (CDL) and commercial learner’s permit (CLP) holders’ drug and alcohol program violations. The Clearinghouse will improve safety on our Nation’s roadways by giving employers access to information they need to make informed safety decisions about which employees to place in safety-sensitive functions, including operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
All DOT FMCSA companies need to be registered with the Clearinghouse in order to be in regulatory compliance and complete their responsibilities of Record, Query and Consent.
The Step-by-Step Clearinghouse Registration process.
What you need before you get started:
- Your US DOT Number
- Your PIN Number
Once you have the above information you can begin the registration process:
- To begin the process you need to find out if you have a DOT Portal Account. If you have a US DOT number, you most likely have a portal account.
- IF you have a Portal Account – please keep login information and password ready. Please follow the step-by-step registration process as laid out in the link below:
- If you DO NOT have a Portal Account – you need to first get a Portal Account in order to register with the Clearinghouse. Please follow the step-by-step process below:
Resources in case of difficulties with the registration process:
- A great interactive employer guide to help with the registration process:
- Help line Resources: Please follow the link below for contact information for technical help during registration process:
- Email Address for Clearinghouse Help:
If you would like ARCpoint Labs to manage your query responsibilities for a fee, you need to do the following after you have completed your registration process:
- Contact ARCpoint Labs by emailing email@example.com and request for signing up with our services.
- Someone from ARCpoint Labs will contact you and send you a Clearinghouse Contract to sign.
- Please choose ‘ARCpoint Labs of Southboro-Framingham’ as your CTPA
- Please purchase queries
To order a drug or breath alcohol test through ARCPoint, please follow these steps:
- Click HERE to fill out the Test Request Form.
- ARCpoint will locate a nearby test facility, create an electronic test order and email it to you.
- Provide the test order to your employee (or new hire) and send them for testing.
If a test facility doesn’t accept electronic test orders, we can provide you with the traditional five-part chain of custody forms to send in with your employee. To request these forms to have on hand at your office, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Test results will automatically be emailed to you when they are complete.
Fill out the Test Request Form