The Industry’s Voice
The New England Fuel Institute (NEFI) is a nationally-recognized trade association representing wholesale and retail liquid heating fuel distributors and other home comfort providers, as well as the many businesses that serve them. NEFI is a well-respected and influential voice in the region and in Washington, DC that fiercely advocates for your business before lawmakers, regulators, the media and the public. By joining NEFI, you are not just joining an association… you are joining a movement.
To join NEFI fill out an application:
You are just a few minutes away from enjoying the benefits of membership! Click on the appropriate company type below and complete the online membership application:
To request a hard-copy membership application or for other questions regarding NEFI membership, contact NEFI at (617) 924-1000
|New England Retailer
|Non-New England Retailer
New England Retailers: Dues are based on annual gallonage per the chart below.
We offer a $100 discount if you belong to a NEFI-affiliated state association.
||State Assn. Non-member
||State Assn. Member
Less Than 250,000
|250,001 - 500,000
|500,001 - 2,000,000
|2,000,001 - 5,000,000
The Many Benefits of NEFI Membership
Advocacy and Regulatory Compliance
The NEFI Legislative & Regulatory Action Center (LRAC):
- Aggressively advocates on your behalf before federal and regional policymakers, including Congress and regulatory agencies.
- Publishes timely and cost-saving regulatory compliance information, including regulatory alerts, compliance bulletins and periodic seminars and webinars.
- Keeps members up-to-date on vital legislation that is pending or recently-enacted by Congress.
- Maintains a grassroots program that issues “calls-to-action” and organizes visits with key lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
Education & Training
- NEFI offers members exclusive or discounted access to educational programs including technical training, professional development and industry “best practices.”
Property & Casualty Insurance
NEFI members have access to discounted insurance products through the following preferred vendors:
- Braley & Wellington Insurance
- Energi Insurance
- Federated Insurance
Other Discounts for Products and Services
Many vendors and service providers that support NEFI, known as “Associate Members,” offer discounts or preferred pricing to NEFI wholesale and retail members. Inquire with each Associate Member for details. Click here for a complete list.
Employee Benefits & Retirement Programs
NEFI offers low-cost employee benefits, including:
- Individual dental insurance and employee assistance programs
- General liability/umbrella insurance
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement platform (For details contact Nordo M. Nissi 3rd at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management)
- Concentration on retirement, wealth and estate planning strategies, and investment management for business owners and families needing sophisticated solutions
- Competitive Health Insurance Quotes
Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
- Meets mandatory Federal requirements for delivery and transportation personnel.
Please contact Donna Carcerano, Benefits Administrator for details on the NEFI Group Rated Drug/Alcohol Testing Program at (617) 923-5020 (direct line) or (617) 924-1000 ext. 220 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premier Industry Publications
NEFI members receive the following acclaimed industry publications:
- Monthly Oil & Energy Magazine - Click here for the latest issue.
- Weekly electronic newsletter, NEFI Energy Online News (NEON) - Click here for the latest issue.
Customized Weather Alerts
- Prepared by our own meteorologist, our weather alerts are sent by email or fax and include ten-day temperature forecasts, degree day updates and storm alerts.